Saturday, September 20, 2014

Seasons are changing...

So... It never occurred to me that unless I go back to south east Asia, or somewhere alike, it does not stay summer forever! Silly me :p Anyways, so it is now autumn in Europe and quite rainy here in Milano. Which, to my surprise I do not mind - I have always preferred winter fashion (although I do love the sun and am a sucker for the ocean!) Everyone is rocking cut off boots, stylish trainers, oversized jackets and of course lovely accessories such as knits and umbrellas.

The past few days I have been roaming the streets of Piazza di Duomo and Brera areas. There are lots of mind blowing shops, aperitivo spots and restaurants which I have myself been spending most of my time (and money) at! As I write this in fact, I am at Brera Bar sipping a prosecco a la fragola and people watching (my favorite).

(Prosecco a la fragola and chips at Brera Bar)

Yesterday I did a bit of a cultural day and visited the Museo di Novecento. It is a 20th century art museum with works of some of my favorite artists like Picasso, Braque and Mattisse. However, as it got more and more modern and closer to the end of the century, it interested me less. The kind of art I can appreciate I personally prefer less. Although I still would recommend the museum just to go and have a look. 

(Mirror selfie in one of the artworks. It was a girl painted on the side of a mirror and the captain is 'Girl Fleeing').

(Below some of my favorite artists: Braque, Mattisse and Picasso. Absolutely incredible feeling to be able to see such influential artists work in the flesh).



After my cultural adventure through 350 artworks from the 20th century, it was time for lunch and dessert :D (my favorite time of the day!) I found a lovely restaurant in a side road near to the Duomo and decided to sit there. I was meant to start a diet as I've been eating pasta and carbs all dy every day, but I decided Italy is not the place for this silliness haha. I had lasagne and a dry white wine - my two favorite things.


Finally I went to Laduree - a famous macaroon shop I have always wanted to visit! It really is beautiful, think cupcake colors and pretty pastels everywhere. I was very curious to know how it would be because it's been such a build up to try Laduree. I got 4 different types (naughty I know!) Chocolate di Venezuela, chocolate, coconut and marshmallow, caramel with salted butter and finally I asked the guy to recommend me one which was rose, usually not my favorite but I took it. Well, they blew my mind! It was like a tongue-gasm. My favorite was the Venezuelan chocolate and the caramel with salted butter, the others will still good too though!

(Pastels everywhere in Laduree)

 Later on, I went for dinner in Brera again - surprise surprise. I went with a friend I met here in Milano. We ate way too much - amazing seafood and really good wine then ended off with dessert and cocktails at a cute little bar. 

(Chocolate cup with all the finishes!!)

(The glasses had cool quotes on them and this one is my favorite. I absolutely love this and it's what I live by! I swear, my next tattoo;) ).

As you can see, I pretty much just eat all day every day, and spend money, and so amongst my shopping yesterday I bought a new gym top! Haha. Which I plan on using at some stage. But yes, I can't keep spending money and eating, at some stage I have to be a bit proactive. But after how hard I worked in Mykonos, it's been amazing to just relax. I think I am leaving Milano next week to go to Thessaloniki in Greece anyways, so I might as well enjoy! 


Kisses, 
The Adventure Seeker
X

No comments:

Post a Comment