Thursday, September 18, 2014

Amo Milano!!

So, I thought I was in love with Milano, but now I am even more! Last night me and my amazing friend I'm staying with, Romain, went to an area called Brera. It is a very trendy area where you can find all the famous designer stores, local boutiques, the Armani Café and gorgeous restaurants. There were such fashionable, famous looking people and glamorous places, I felt like I was walking around in a movie!

We had to pop into the Armani Café for the famous Italian aperitivo (usually 18.00 - 20.00 - a predinner drinks, usually cocktails or wine, that comes with Italian snacks or buffet). Romain had Armani spritz and I had the Armani Red - really good cocktails, and of course some snacks that came with.

(Armani Cafe in Brera ahead)


(Armani Spritz, left, Armani Red, right, and the delicious snacks that came with)

We then went to a small stylish restaurant  in one of the side cobbled streets called Fiori Chiari Plates which I really recommend! We started with a cheese board with fried bread accompanied with a bottle of rosé. We then had pasta Norma which was penne with aubegine, Parmesan and basil. Afterwards, even though I had probably consumed enough calories for a week and I was so full, we had to have gelato. And so we went to Amorino... And we had 3 flavors each! Ahaha. The best ice cream I've ever had in my life - salted caramel, Nutella and chocolate. I can't explain in words what amazing food we consumed last night!!!

(I didn't get any pictures of dinner but he's the cheese platter and wine)

(Amorino Gelateria in Brera)

Finally, we walked around a bit before we went home in hopes of digesting a little. Walking around anywhere here is so beautiful as the architecture is so detailed and distinct. 

(Galleria Vittorio Emanuele)

I have decided I will probably leave Milano next week - sadly - and go travel a bit in Italy before I depart. I will probably go to Rome and Naples to see some friends and then after, back to Greece to work for a while and stay with a friend. I then plan to go to Amsterdam, Paris and London! Hehe. But we will see :D

Anyways!

Lots of kisses, 
The Adventure Seeker
X

No comments:

Post a Comment