Monday, September 8, 2014

Mykonos

Good morning beautiful people! I am feeling so fresh after a good nights sleep - very much needed, especially in my own bed. I have not posted since I left for Mykonos and sad to say I have left that crazy island but I am back in Athens. The reason for this is that I was working super hard in Mykonos - every day 10am till midnight sometimes. I worked at Super Paradise, a gorgeous beach with a restaurant, boutique and bar which after 4.30pm turned into a party. 

I waitressed which was no joke. Mykonos is a touristic island and people don't mess around, they work super hard!! I am used to South Africa when it comes to waitresses - there's so many in a restaurant and often stand around as they don't have a table. Well, let me tell you. When I arrived there was 5 waitresses for the entire beach and bar, and slowly a few left so in my last week there was me and two others. There was no messing around. Every day we were running at work, on the beach during the day and then in a club environment at the bar at night. Not without a few dropped trays - on my first day I held a tray for the first time and took two steps with it and dropped an entire tray of beers haha. Fortunately I had the worlds greatest boss!! 

The Super Paradise joke when I started working (and stuck) was my accent when speaking Greek and that I always smile haha. (Apparently it's not a very Mykonian thing and people new right away I was not from there). I wish I could give loads of insight on what to do and where to go in Mykonos but my lot is limited I must admit. I worked so much I only had time to go out after midnight. Fortunately I visited Mykonos for one week in July with some girlfriends, so I have visited a few places.

Beaches: my favorite and the best for sure - Super Paradise! Hehe. Psarou beach, well known for its restaurant and bar called Nammos is also great. I went to Paraga once which was very beautiful and nice to chill out and then Paradise beach which was nice but didn't make an impression.

Bars: my favorite is called Queen, it's a champagne and cocktail bar in town. Has the best music - deep house, and very cool atmosphere. Another few good ones are Caprice bar, Semeli, Scarpa, Agyra, Astra, Moni and I can't remember the rest haha. But those are all really cool - very nice vibe, good music and a definite have to when visiting the town of Mykonos. 

There are some really beautiful areas with restaurants and bars near to the beach but the most common place to go is the town. It's so pretty - little pebbled roads which aren't simetrical so you often find yourself lost in the streets of Mykonos, white houses with blue or red shutters, and of course the famous mind mills. 

If you haven't been to Mykonos, I would really recommend it. It's got a bit of everything - beaches, parties, lovely bars pnand restaurants and it's very beautiful too.

(First day at work)

(The famous wind mills)

(Paraga beach)

(Super Paradise beach with my ladies)

(Another day at work - loving my job)

(Paradise Club - showing some support for Bob Sinclair. Amazing guy!)

(Kuzina in Ornos - stunning restaurant by the sea. Went with my room mate for dinner last Friday. Wine, sushi and risotto with mushroom, Parmesan and truffles. Wow!)

Back in Athens now and guess where next?! Milano TOMORROW :D I am so excited! Will try update as often as I can.

The Adventure seeker,
Filakia 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment