Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Φισκάρδο | Fiscardo

So I have been out of my country since the 26 December 2013 and now I find myself sailing around the medd, specifically speaking Greece. I visit Greece almost every year as my fathers side of the family is Greek. This year so far I have been to Athens, Theologo, Nafpaktos, Lefkada, Meganisi, Kefalonia, Mykonos, Patra, Ithaki, Paxous and Crete. Quite a mouthful! Haha. And now I am back on Kefalonia in an area called Fiscardo. 

Fiscardo is a small village on Kefalonia island (where they filmed Captain Corelli's Mandolin - one of my faves with Penelope Cruz). I am on a motor yacht (CRANCHI ZAFIRO 34) docked in Fiscardo right by all the restaurants and happenings. I am actually typing this while tanning on the front of the yacht drinking a gin and tonic :p (and soaking my finger in ice water as I dropped the main yacht window on my finger last night and now it's black and blue :(

Best place for coffee here is Cavo Verde - refer to my first post for the picture of the incredible view. Really good meat or seafood is at Apagio (We went to last night and had salad, tzatziki and home made bread for starters; stuffed burger and Dijon chicken for mains; and delicious range of white wines). Tonight we are trying out Tassia restaurant as apparently it has really good seafood pasta. Mmmm.

If you're looking for a party - this is not the island for you. But, if you want a few days to chill out, eat really good food and have one too many at the range of summer bars present here with friends, a lover or even family. I'd recommend Fiscardo as it is really beautiful, relaxing and fun. Tip: best visited on a yacht or motor yacht/boat that can be docked and slept on.

(Docked in front of Apagia restaurant)

(Cavo Verde - has my hometown Cape Town written on the bar! Made my heart warm)

(View from Cavo Verde)

No comments:

Post a Comment